The tropical Caribbean Islands are a paradise. It's heaven on-earth, with lots to enjoy, see and do. The number one playground for the Americas, comprising of movie-set beauty, coconut-tree-clad mountains, verdant valleys of sugar cane, sandy white beaches, spectacular marine life and azure seas. With so many islands, beaches, cultures and flavors to choose from, get ready to have a fabulous time experiencing a new paradise every day!
Good to Know:
Best Time to Cruise
The Caribbean is a year-round destination. Temperatures seldom vary from highs in the 30°C and lows in the 20°C, with humidity of about 70%. The hurricane season normally lasts from June to November and may occasionally disrupt some of the cruise itineraries.
Eastern Caribbean: Comprises the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and St Maarten, however some cruises also incorporate the Bahamas. Cruises are generally for 7 nights with 3 days at sea and 3 in port.
Western Caribbean: Includes the Mexican and Central American ports on the Gulf of Mexico as well the islands of Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Hispaniola.
Southern Caribbean: Includes the islands east and south of St Maarten.
Unique Caribbean Experiences:
- Stingray City on Grand Cayman Island.
- America's Cup yacht racing on St. Maarten.
- Don't miss the opportunity in Cozumel, Mexico, to explore the ruins of the ancient Mayan city of Tulúm.
- Hiking the El Junque Rain Forest in Puerto Rico.
- Mini-submarine ride beneath the Caribbean.
- Swim with dolphins in Nassau.
- High Tea at Sunbury Plantation on Barbados.
- Walking up Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica.
- Explore Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park in Basseterre, St. Kitts.
- Hop on the Reef Rocket, Belize City's fastest ride.
Bahamas - 3 nights: Sail from Port Canaveral, Florida to Castaway Cay (Disney Cruise Line only), Bahamas and Nassau (Bahamas).
Western Caribbean - 7 nights: Sail from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Labadee (Royal Caribbean International / Celebrity Cruises only), Haiti; Falmouth (Jamaica) and Cozumel (Mexico).
Eastern Caribbean - 7 nights: Sail from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Nassau (Bahamas); Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas) and Philipsburg (St. Maarten).
Please check with us for more cruise options.