Volcanoes and Glaciers of Iceland - 6 days
Validity: Till 30th September, 2019
Day 1: Reykjavik
On your own, transfer to Reykjavik. Transfer by FlyBus Plus check in at your hotel and rest of the day is at leisure. If your flight lands early in the day, a great suggestion is to explore Reykjavík, the largest municipality in Iceland. Overnight.
Day 2: Westman Islands, Waterfall - Lava Fields – Puffin Island – Magnificent lava fields
Breakfast at your hotel. The first stop today will be made at Seljalandsfoss waterfall, where you can walk behind the waterfall.
Travel along the farmlands of the south coast to Landeyjahofn harbor. After arriving at Landeyjahofn take a 30 minute ferry ride to the Westman Islands. The destination is Heimaey Island, the largest of the Westmans and the only inhabited one. Visit the island´s Storhofdi Point with its fantastic views over the area. During mid-May through the beginning of August it is also possible to see puffins here. Take a walk up to the crater of a volcano that erupted only three decades ago. Visit Eldheimar Museum and explore the flora growing in the new lava field. Afternoon at leisure to explore the island on your own. Overnight.
Day 3: South Shore - Skogar – Vik
Breakfast. Take the ferry back from the Westman Islands and travel further on along the south coast. Pass numerous glacial rivers en route to Skogafoss waterfall. A famous folk museum is nearby, showcasing the buildings and daily life of Icelanders in the past centuries. Continue on to the black sands of Reynisfjara beach. Here you can witness the powerful waves and amazing basalt column features carved by the power of the sea. Dinner and overnight stay in Vik area for the next 2 nights.
Day 4: Vik – Skaftafell – Jokulsarlon
Breakfast. Today you'll be in the area of Vatnajökull National Park, named after Europe's largest glacier. Cross Eldhraun, the largest mass of lava ever to flow on the face of the Earth before reaching the small town Kirkjubaejarklaustur, the former site of a 12th-century Catholic convent. Head onwards to Skaftafell, a beautiful glacier-ringed valley in Vatnajökull National Park. Continue to the stunning Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon to see floating icebergs and maybe a curious seal or two. An optional boat trip (extra charge) takes you on a sail between the icebergs. Dinner and overnight in Vik area.
Day 5: Gullfoss – Geysir – Thingvellir – Reykjavik
Breakfast. Start with a visit to the new Lava Centre, an interactive, high-tech educational exhibition depicting volcanic activity, earthquakes and the creation of Iceland over millions of years. Afterwards, head for the Geysir hot spring area to see the famous great Geysir as well as Strokkur, a hot spring that spouts every few minutes. Travel onwards to Gullfoss, one of Iceland's most impressive waterfalls. The next stop is Thingvellir National Park, where the Viking-age parliament met for centuries on the shores of Iceland's largest lake. This is also where you can see the meeting point for the European and North American tectonic plates. After some time to explore Thingvellir, head back to Reykjavik. Overnight.
Day 6: Departure Reykjavik
Transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
If you did not visit the Blue Lagoon on your arrival day, you might use the opportunity to stop there now on your way to the airport.
Validity: Till 30th September, 2019
|Months of Travel
||Child with Bed
(6 – 11 years)
|June to August
Departure Dates 2019 :
- May: 12, 26
- June: 9, 25, 30
- July: 9, 14, 21, 28
- August: 11, 18, 25
- September: 1, 8, 13, 15
- 5 day guided tour as per itinerary from / to Reykjavik.
- Accommodation 2 nights with facilities in Reykjavik.
- Accommodation 3 nights with facilities in countryside.
- Breakfast daily except arrival day.
- 2 dinners in the countryside (for day 3 and 4).
- Entrance to Eldheimar Museum (day 2).
- Roundtrip ferry fare to Westman Islands (day 2).
- Entrance to Skogar Folk Museum (day 3).
- Entrance to Lava Centre (day 5).
- Meals not specified above.
- Air Fares and airport tax.
- Guaranteed early check in / late check-out charges.
- Tips and porterage.
- Surcharges applicable if any.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- Taxes as applicable.
- There are direct flights to Reykjavik from Delhi on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Bookings will be subject to availability of space / rooms at the time of booking. You will be provided alternatives if units suggested are not available and advised of any supplementary costs or reductions.
- Prices quoted above are subject to change with or without prior notice.