The Far East is made up of many lands of contrast and mystery - adding to its exciting allure. The Orient has for centuries lured travelers to uncover its beauty and secrets. Cruising is a wonderful way to see the region which extends from Singapore through to Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong China and Japan. Ancient temples, great Buddha statues, bustling cities, spectacular beaches, jungles and fabulous shopping are just some of the experiences to be enjoyed. Whether you choose to cruise by river or by sea, you'll love the mystery, beauty and history of each port of call.
Good to Know:
Best Time to Cruise
Cruises are available all through the year in S.E Asia as the weather is warm. Expect showers in the monsoon period between June and September. Cruises to China and Japan tend to operate from March to May.
Ocean Cruises: Many cruise lines offer a range of itineraries and ports of call. The most popular stops include Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai, Phuket, Beijing or Osaka.
River Cruises: Enjoy a leisurely river cruise on the Mekong or Yangtze rivers, explore China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos or Thailand.
Must-do Experiences of Far East Cruises:
- Walk through the grounds of The Grand Palace in Bangkok.
- Discover the jungle in Phuket on elephant back.
- Visit 'The Bund', the embankment along Huangpu River in Shanghai, China, for great pictures of the city's skyscrapers.
- Enjoy a 'Singapore Sling' at the famous Raffles Hotel in Singapore.
- Visit the unique Heritage Museum in Hong Kong.
- Browse the shops on Dong Khoi Street in Phu My, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Visit the Besakih Temple in Benoa, the largest and most important Hindu Temple in Bali.
- Take a trip up Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur for breathtaking views over the region.
- Take a cable car ride up Penang Hill for great views.
- Snorkel at Pantai Tengah Beach in Langkawi, an underwater world with a dazzling variety of marine life.