9 Deviyaan Darshan – 7 Days
Validity: Till 30th June 2024
Day 1: Jammu - Katra (51 kms/2-3 hrs)
Arrive at Jammu railway station / airport and transfer to Katra situated in the foothills of the Trikuta Mountains, where the holy shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi is located. On arrival check-in. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 2: Katra - Mata Vaishno Devi Trek
This morning after breakfast start your trek to the holy shrine. The shrine is approximately 14 kms (8.4 miles) from Katra. This trek is a steep uphill climb till Sanjichhat (approx. 3 kms from Adkuwari) and then a downward climb for another 3 kms till Bhawan. Adkuwari is at an altitude of 4800 feet and Bhawan at about 5200 feet, Sanjichhat at 6200 feet.
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Ji resides in a Holy Cave located in the folds of the three peaked mountains named Trikuta (pronounced as Trikoot). The deities are in the shape of three natural rock formations called the Pindies. There are no statues or idols inside the Cave. A geological study of the Holy Cave has indicated its age to be nearly a million years. After Darshan, trek back to your hotel at Katra for overnight at your hotel.
Day 3: Katra - Dharamshala (251 kms/7-8 hrs.)
Morning after breakfast drive to Dharamshala also known a little Lhasa. It is the principal township of the Kangra Valley region and is magnificently located with the background of the Dhauldhar Mountain range. The town has been the seat of his Holiness, the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Tibetans, since 1960.
Lower Dharamshala is the business area while the upper Dharamshala is the recreational point.
In the evening, stroll around Mcleodganj which is a charming Tibetan settlement. A giant prayer wheel decorates the main street and, in the monastery, a serene statue of the Lord Buddha presides over the gentle chanting of the monks. Also visit the Bhagsunag Temple. Overnight at hotel.
Day 4: Dharamshala - Kangra Visit
After breakfast, proceed to Kangra visiting Chamunda Devi Temple enroute. The temple complex is an enchanting spot with a glorious view of the Dhauladhar range. A vast running water pool houses the statues of Lord Shiva and Saraswati. After Darshan at Chamunda, continue to Brajeshwari Devi Temple (Kangra Devi) in the middle of Kangra town. The earthquake of 1905 destroyed the old temple completely. Rebuilt in the present form in 1920, it continues to be a busy place of pilgrimage. Late afternoon return to Dharamshala. Overnight at hotel.
Day 5: Dharamshala - Chintpurni (90 kms/3-4 hrs)
After breakfast continue your holy tour to Jwala Ji. Alternative names for Jwala Ji include Jwala Devi and Jwalamukhi Ji. The physical manifestation of Jwala Ji is a set of flames burning off natural gas.
After Darshan at Chamunda, continue to Chintpurni, dedicated to the temple of Chinnamastika Devi. Her image depicts her without a head. It is said that she cut it off to assuage the blood thirst of her companions and hence the name, Chinnamastika Devi - 'The Goddess without a Head'. This evening, join the Sandhya Aarti at the temple. Overnight at hotel.
Day 6: Chintourni - Naina Devi - Chandigarh (220 kms/5-6 hrs)
After breakfast, drive to Chandigarh en-route visiting Naina Devi Temple located on a hilltop. Reach there via a road that curves round the hill up to a certain point and then by concrete steps. There is also a cable car facility that moves pilgrims from the base of the hill all the way to the top. After Darshan, continue to Chandigarh, arrive and check-in at your hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 7: Chandigarh - Local Sightseeing
After breakfast, visit the Mata Mansa Devi Temple, dedicated to goddess Mansa, a form of Shakti. The temple complex is spread in 100 acres (0.40 km2). Maharaja Gopal Singh of Manimajra constructed the present main temple of Shri Mansa Devi during the period 1811-1815.
Later visit Rock Garden which houses sculptures made by using a variety of different discarded waste materials like frames, mudguards, forks, handle bars, metal wires, play marbles, porcelain, auto parts, broken bangles etc.
Proceed to the beautiful 3 km long man-made Sukhna Lake in the foothills of the Shivalik Range. It was created in 1958 and is as a great picnic spot offering water sport activities like boating, yachting and water skiing etc.
Transfer to Chandigarh Railway station or Airport in time for your onward journey.
End of tour.
Package Price: From Rs. 28,400 per person on double sharing room on MAP basis.
Validity: Till 30th June 2024
|Hotel Asia Vaishno Devi
|Indraprastha Resort & Spa
|Hotel Velvet Clarks Exotica
- Accommodation on double sharing basis at the hotels mentioned or similar.
- Daily breakfast, dinner and overnight at hotel.
- Arrival / departure transfers, all sightseeing as per the above itinerary by air-conditioned transportation.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Any kind of air, bus or rail fare.
- Expense of a personal nature like tipping, porterage, laundry, and telephone/fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, any Insurance etc.
- Any other meals other than those mentioned.
- Entrance fees, camera fee, monument guide services.
- Adventure activity like rafting, mountain biking, motor biking etc.
- Extra nights in hotel due to ill health, flight cancelation, bad weather or any other reason.
- The use of vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the itinerary.
- Extensions of tour program or diversions in the tour itinerary for any reasons eg. due to bad weather, road closure, breakdown or any natural calamities.
- Rates don’t include services of a transfer rep / local guide in any place and if required would be charged extra.
- Anything else not specifically mentioned under the “Price Includes” column.
- Hotels subject to availability. In case fresh taxes are levied by the Government, the additional cost will have to be paid.
- Above rates are not valid for the festive season (Diwali, Christmas and New year). Please contact us for the same.
- Prices valid for those residing in India. NRIs / overseas guests are requested to contact us.
- Taxes as applicable.