Arunachal Pradesh - Escape to North East India - 8 Days
Validity: Till 31st March 2021
Guwahati – Eco Camp – Dirang – Tawang – Bomdila – Tezpur – Guwahati
Day 1 - Guwahati – Nameri Eco Camp (220km / 5hrs)
Arrive Guwahati Airport where you will be met by our representative and transferred to Eco Camp at Nameri National Park, near the Assam Arunachal Pradesh border. Arrive and check in. Stay in comfortable double bedded tents with a thatched roof canopy. Overnight.
Day 2 - Nameri Eco Camp – Dirang (142km / 6 hrs)
After breakfast, transfer to Dirang, driving through high mountain terrains which form the Eastern Himalayas. Enjoy the panoramic views. At 4910 ft above sea level, Dirang is a beautiful hill station and home to the Mahayana Monpa tribes. En route, visit the old Dirang Village and Dirang Dzong. Check into your hotel on arrival. This evening, visit Dirang town and the local market.
Locally known as 'DZONG', the 17th century fort represented the authority of the King/Chief and was an important centre of public administration including the military and judiciary. The strategically located fort was built in 1831. It is a four storied fortified building in which the entire village took refuge. Overnight in Dirang.
Day 3 - Dirang - Dirang Tour
After breakfast, visit Sangti Valley, home of the Black Necked Crane, the Sheep Breeding Centre, Dirang Dzong and if time permits, explore the natural beauty of Mandala village. Walk through the village and interact with the villagers to learn about their culture and lifestyle. Overnight.
Day 4 - Dirang – Tawang (145km / 6hrs)
After breakfast drive to Tawang at about 10,000 ft. On the way, stop by the Sela Pass at 13,700 ft, the highest motorable pass in the Northeast. Also, visit Nuranang Falls. Check into your hotel at Tawang. Evening, walk around Tawang town. Overnight.
Day 5 - Tawang – Tawang Monastery, Penga Teng Tso (PT Tso) Lake & Ani Gompa
After breakfast, visit the famous 400 year old Tawang Monastery one of the largest lamaseries of Mahayana sects and the second oldest Monastery in the world after Lhasa. The Monastery is housed with more than 500 monks. This Monastery was founded by a monk Mera Lama LodreGyatso a contemporary of His Holiness Fifth Dalai Lama in 17th century AD.
Visit Penga Teng Tso (PT Tso) Lake at around 12,000 feet, set amidst fabulous natural beauty and surrounded by snow capped mountains. On the way back to Tawang visit the Brahma-dung-chung Ani Gompa, the oldest Ani Gompa in the area, 8 km north of Tawang town. It was constructed by a Lama KarchenYeshiGelek of Tsang province of Tibet in the year 1595 AD. Presently the Gonpa houses 40 Anis (Nuns). Evening, visit the market. Overnight.
Note: Visit to the lake is subject to permission from Indian Army and DC office in Tawang. This permit can be applied locally in person.
Day 6 - Tawang – Bomdila (180km / 7hrs)
After breakfast, drive down to Bomdila at an altitude of 8000 ft. En route visit Urgelling Monastery believed to have been in existence since the 14th century. It was one of the first three monasteries built by UrgenSangpo, the youngest brother of TertonPempalingpa, the famous Treasure-Revealer. In 1683 TsangyangTashi, His Holiness the 6th Dalai Lama was born here. Before crossing Sela Pass stop at JaswantGarh, a war memorial of the 1962 saga. Arrive Bomdila and check into your hotel. Late afternoon, visit the lower Gompa and market. Overnight.
Day 7 - Bomdila – Tezpur (160km / 6hrs)
After breakfast drive down to the plains of Assam and transfer to Tezpur. In the evening, time permitting, visit Cole Park established by Mr. Cole, a Commissioner of Assam under British rule and Agnigarh - small hill of love immortalized facing the river Brahmaputra in Tezpur. Later visit the nearby market. Evening at leisure. Overnight.
Day 8 - Tezpur – Guwahati (180 km / 4 hrs)
After breakfast, transfer to Guwahati Airport.
Package Price: From Rs. 43,500 per person on double sharing basis.
Validity: Till 31st March 2021
||Nameri Eco Camp Or Similar
||Hotel Pemaling Or Similar
||Dolma Guest House Or Similar
||Tsepal Yangjom Or Similar
||Centre point Or Similar
- All sightseeing and transfers by Toyota Innova, inclusive of fuel, driver allowance, toll and parking fee.
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary only.
- Local vehicle for PT T'so sightseeing if required.
- Service of a local guide on day 3 & day 5 respectively.
- All Accommodation in double / twin bedded room inclusive of breakfast only.
- Air / train fare.
- Lunch and dinner.
- Any Jungle Activities in Nameri National Park.
- Cultural / traditional dance, camera charges, tips, drinks, laundry, insurance, telephone charge.
- Any other services which is not mentioned in the includes section.
- Travel Insurance.
- Tour price quoted is valid for Indian Nationals and is subject to change should there be any hike in the fuel and hotel rates.
- This itinerary is only an offer not confirmation of services. We shall proceed with your booking once we have received confirmation from you. And if rooms are unavailable in the original hotels, we shall provide equivalent/ alternative hotels.
- The duration mentioned in the itinerary may not be precise; it is the time that can be expected when strictly driving, depending on the present road conditions. Otherwise, the journey is conducted in such a way that we always stop midway for visiting villages, markets, photography, major landmarks of importance or interest depending on the client’s interest.
- Clients must be fully insured to cover the costs of medical emergencies/ evacuation/ treatment/ medicine, expenses incurred by any amendment of tour itinerary (addition or reduction of number of days) necessitated by weather conditions, prevailing road conditions, political or bureaucratic situations, natural calamities, change in flight schedule, mechanical malfunction, or any such unanticipated events or any Acts of God.
- Taxes as applicable.