Arunachal with Kaziranga - 8 Days
Validity: Till 30th April 2023
Day 1 Guwahati – Tezpur (180km / 4 hrs)
Arrive Guwahati airport / railway station where you will be met for your transfer to Tezpur. Check into your hotel on arrival. In the evening, time permitting, visit Cole Park. Overnight.
Day 2 Tezpur – Dirang (165km / 7 hrs)
After breakfast, transfer to Dirang. Check into hotel / resort on arrival. Dirang is well known for its hot water springs and of course the beautiful valley. The prime attraction is the 500 year old Dirang Dzong Fort which you will visit on the following day. Locally known as 'DZONG', the 17th century fort represented the authority of the King / Chief and was an important centre of public administration including the military and judiciary. The strategically located fort was built in 1831. It is a four storied fortified building in which the entire village took refuge. Overnight.
Day 3 Dirang – Tawang (145km / 6 hrs)
After breakfast drive to Tawang at about 10,000 ft. On the way, stop by the Sela Pass at 13,700 ft, the highest motor-able pass in the Northeast. En route visit Nuranang Falls. Check into your hotel on arrival. This evening, walk around Tawang town. Overnight.
Day 4 Tawang – Tawang Monastery and Ani Gompa
After breakfast, visit the famous 400 year old Tawang Monastery. Ganden Namgyal Lhatse, the Tawang Monastery is one of the largest lamaseries of Mahayana sects and the second oldest Monastery in the world after Lhasa. The Monastery houses more than 500 monks. This Monastery was founded by a monk Mera Lama Lodre Gyatso, a contemporary of His Holiness Fifth Dalai Lama in 17th century AD.
Later, drive to visit *PT T'so (Penga Teng T'so lake) set in picturesque surroundings. On the way back to Tawang, visit Ani Gompa, the oldest Ani Gompa in Tawang district situated north of Tawang Township about 8 km from the town. This Ani Gonpa was constructed by a Lama Karchen Yeshi Gelek of Tsang province of Tibet in the year 1595 AD. In the evening, visit Tawang market. Overnight.
*Note: Visit to PT T'so is subject to permission from Indian Army and DC office in Tawang. This permit can be applied locally in person.
Day 5 Tawang – Bomdila (180km / 7hrs)
After breakfast drive down to Bomdila at an altitude of 8000 ft. Enroute, visit Urgelling Monastery – the birth place of the 6th Dalai Lama. Before crossing Sela Pass, stop at Jaswant Garh, a war memorial of the 1962 saga. Check into your hotel on arrival. In the afternoon visit lower Gompa and market. Overnight.
Day 6 Bomdila – Kaziranga National Park (250km / 7 hrs)
After breakfast transfer to Kaziranga National Park. Check into your hotel / resort on arrival. Evening at leisure. Overnight.
Day 7 Kaziranga National Park – Guwahati (220km / 5hrs)
Early this morning, go for an elephant ride inside the park. Rich in birdlife, these wetlands are among the most productive habitats around. With packed breakfast, enjoy a jeep safari inside the park. Return to your lodge for lunch. Post lunch, drive to Guwahati. Check into your hotel on arrival. Overnight.
Day 8 - Guwahati
After breakfast drive to the airport, visiting Kamakhya Temple en route.
Validity: Till 30th April 2023
Package Price per person:
|2 persons (1 AC Toyota Innova)
|4 persons (1 AC Toyota Innova)
||Standard property – Executive Room
||Heritage property – Deluxe Room
||Dolma Guest House
||Family owned guest house - Deluxe Room
||Simple but comfortable - Deluxe Room
||Standard property - Deluxe Room
||Standard property – Standard Room
- Accommodation in double/ twin bedded room inclusive of breakfast only.
- All sightseeing and transfers by Toyota Innova, inclusive of fuel, driver allowance, toll and parking fee.
- Service of local guide on day 4 only.
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary only.
- Inner Line Permits processing fees.
- Park entry fees, 1 Elephant ride and 1 Jeep safari inside Kaziranga National Park.
- Air / train fare.
- Lunch and dinner.
- Cultural / traditional dance, camera charges, tips, drinks, laundry, insurance, telephone charge.
- Any other services not mentioned in the 'includes'.
- The park is closed to visitors from 1st June to 30th September every year, due to the monsoons and regeneration of the wildlife species.
- Above rates are not valid for the festive season (Diwali, Christmas and New year). Please contact us for the same.
- Above prices are valid for Indian nationals and are subject to change should there be any hike in the fuel, and hotel rates.
- This itinerary is only an offer not confirmation of services. We shall proceed with your booking once we have received confirmation from you. And if rooms are unavailable in the original hotels, we shall provide equivalent/ alternative hotels.
- The prices are based on current charges levied by the Forest Department, Kaziranga National Park, and are subject to change in case there is any hike in entry fees, elephant seats, jeep hire prices.
- The duration mentioned in the itinerary may not be precise; it is the time that can be expected when strictly driving, depending on the present road conditions. Otherwise, the journey is conducted in such a way that there are always stops midways for visiting villages, markets, photography, major landmarks of importance or interest depending on the client's interest.
- Please note that sights / itinerary may change due to time limit, weather, national holidays, and special & unforeseen events. We maintain the right to alter the itinerary since they are made in advance and unforeseen circumstances that mandate change may arise. Itinerary changes are made to improve your overall travel experience.
- Clients must be fully insured to cover the costs of medical emergencies / evacuation / treatment / medicine, expenses incurred by any amendment of tour itinerary (addition or reduction of number of days) necessitated by weather conditions, prevailing road conditions, political or bureaucratic situations, natural calamities, change in flight schedule, mechanical malfunction, or any such unanticipated events or any Acts of God.
- Taxes as applicable.