Darjeeling - Sikkim – 7 Days
Validity: Till 30th September 2021
Day 1: NJP Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport and transfer to Darjeeling
(approx 4 hrs / 93 km)
You will be met by our representative on arrival at NJP Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport and transferred to Darjeeling by car. Standing high in the Himalayas at an altitude of 2134m, 'Dorje Ling', or ‘Place of the Thunderbolt’, offers breathtaking views of snow-capped mountain peaks, with the Kanchendzonga rising higher than all the others. Often referred to as the "Queen of the Hills", it remains just as alluring with its tiny waterfalls, little villages and a narrow gauge railway track. It is surrounded by world famous tea gardens.
Arrive and check in at your hotel. The rest of the day is free explore or to visit Mall Road for shopping. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 2: Darjeeling - Sightseeing
Early morning at 4:30 am, drive to Tiger Hills to see one of the most beautiful sunrises in the world. On the way back visit Batasia Loop (War Memorial) and Old Monastery. Return to the hotel to freshen up and have breakfast. Then visit the Darjeeling Tea Gardens, Japanese Temple, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Thursday closed), Zoological Park, Tenzing Rock and Ava Art Gallery. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 3: Darjeeling - Kalimpong (approx 2.5 hrs/55 km)
After breakfast, check out and drive to Kalimpong, arrive and check into your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 4: Kalimpong Sightseeing - Gangtok
In the morning visit Dr Grahams Home once a missionary school set up by Dr. J A Graham in 1900 as an orphanage cum school for the destitute Anglo Indian children. It is now a multi religious and co-educational school spanning over 500 lush acres. Lord Buddha Statue, Sherpa View Point, Durga Mandir, Hanuman Temple, Deolo Hill, an 8-acre lush parkland with manicured flower gardens and several view points with breathtaking views & Mangal Dham, an excellent temple complex built in the memory of late Guruji Mangal Dasji and dedicated to Lord Krishna. Continue to Gangtok for dinner & overnight stay at hotel.
Day 5: Gangtok - Sightseeing
Today after breakfast, enjoy a local sightseeing tour of Chorten Stupa, Ropeway, Flower show, Bhanjhakri falls, Tashi view point, Ganesh Tok, Ranka Monastery and Bakthang Waterfall. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel.
Day 6: Gangtok - Full day excursion to Tsomgo (Changu) Lake and Baba Mandir
After breakfast head out for Tsomgo Lake (12,313 ft) also known as Changu Lake. It a glacial lake in the East Sikkim, some 40 km from the capital Gangtok. The lake is fed by melting snows of the surrounding mountains. Legends say that lamas could forecast the future by studying the color of the lake's waters. Then visit Baba Mandir built by army men in honor of Major "Baba" Harbhajan Singh a heroic Indian army soldier who died in 1968 near the Nathu La in eastern Sikkim.
Enjoy an optional trip to *Nathula Pass at 14,140 feet on the Indo China Border, weather permitting. This was the place through which the famous Silk Route used to operate until 1962. Return to Gangtok and spend the evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight.
* Because of the high altitude at Nathula, oxygen level in the air is quite low. A few (adults or children) can face breathing problems at Nathula. If you already have breathing or other health problems, you should consult your doctor before the visit.
Day 7: Gangtok
After breakfast, check out and proceed to airport / railway Station.
End of Tour.
Package Price: From Rs. 32,400 per person on double sharing basis.
Validity: Till 30th September 2021
||Lindsay Himalayan Heights
||Hotel North Star
- Accommodation on double occupancy basis in the above mentioned hotels or similar.
- Complimentary breakfast & dinner.
- WagonR / Alto / similar for all sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- Airfare / train fare.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity.
- Mineral / soft / hard drinks, rafting, joy ride (Toy Train).
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances, etc to be borne by the client, directly payable on the spot.
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Any items which are not included in the “Price includes”.
- Supplement cost for Nathula Pass of Rs 4500 per vehicle. (Pass is closed on Monday & Tuesday).
- Price valid for Indian nationals only. NRIs / Overseas guests are requested to contact us.
- Hotels mentioned are subject to availability.
- Please note that Nathula is a protected area. Foreign nationals, NRIs or OCIs are not allowed here. Indians require a valid Protected Area Permit (PAP) to visit Nathula. It is closed on Monday & Tuesday.
- Taxes as applicable.