Kerala Kaleidoscope - 7 Days
A Luxury Tour
Fixed departures every Saturday in April 2021
Day 1: Cochin – Munnar (130 kms / approx 4 hrs)
Arrive at Cochin airport / railway station and drive to Munnar 5200 ft. above sea level. Arrive and check in to your hotel. (Room reserved from 1400 hrs)
Munnar is located at the confluence of 3 rivers. The sprawling tea plantations and picturesque towns make it a popular holiday destination. It was once the summer resort of the erstwhile British Government in South India. Evening at leisure to explore Munnar town.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 2: Munnar – Local Sightseeing
After breakfast, visit the Tea Plantations & Tea Museum. Later visit the Mattupetty Dam, Kundale Lake and other scenic spots.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 3: Munnar – Periyar (100 kms / approx 3.5 hrs)
After breakfast check out and drive to Thekkady (Periyar), where one of the world’s most fascinating natural wildlife reserves noted for its geography, diverse wildlife and scenic beauty is located. Arrive and check in to your hotel. (Room reserved at hotel from 1400 hrs).
In the late afternoon, visit the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, largely known for its elephant sightings during the dry season. Later, take an optional boat ride on Lake Periyar to view wildlife at close quarters from the safety of your boat. (Subject to state rules and regulations). The Ideal time to visit the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is from October till June. Return to your hotel.
In the evening you have the option to enjoy a thrilling Kalarippayattu performance (local martial arts) at a theatre.
Overnight at hotel in Thekkady.
Day 4: Periyar – Optional Nature Walk – Optional Spice Plantations Drive, and Elephant Sanctuary
At 07:00 hrs, enjoy an optional 2 ½ hour Nature Walk (subject to park rules and regulations). This is an interpretive programme offering an excellent opportunity to watch birds, butterflies and other wild life. Different nature trails traversing diverse habitats for the trekking route covering 4 to 5 km in the Anavachal / Anachuruli area. The trail often passes through evergreen and moist deciduous forests interspersed with marshy grasslands. Return to your hotel for breakfast.
This afternoon, go on an optional jeep ride to visit spice plantations of cardamom, cinnamon, pepper, coffee, tea estates etc. Optionally also visit the elephant sanctuary and enjoy elephant ride, feeding, washing and bathing of the elephants.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 5: Periyar - Alleppey (Backwaters) (140 kms / approx 3 hrs)
After a leisurely morning, check-out and drive to Alleppey. Arrive and board your houseboat for an unforgettable journey through the fascinating palm fringed landscapes of the backwaters, where the locals and the Lake Vembanad enjoy an almost symbiotic existence and where life on the water continues as it has for generations. Enjoy lunch, evening tea and dinner on the houseboat.
Overnight on Alleppey houseboat.
Day 6: Alleppey – Cochin (53 kms / approx 1 ½ hrs) – City Tour
After breakfast, drive to Cochin. Known as the ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea’, Kochi, formerly called Cochin, is a city founded on trade and its streets still harbour a rich mix of cultural influences and styles.
Later, enjoy a city tour of Fort Cochin, the oldest European settlement in India, as well as the Church of St. Francis, where Vasco da Gama was buried and take a short walk to see the Chinese fishing nets. Drive to Mattancherry to visit the Dutch Palace (closed on Fridays) and take a stroll at Jew Town and visit the Jewish Synagogue (closed on Friday and Jewish Holidays).
Overnight at hotel in Cochin.
Day 7: Cochin
After breakfast, transfer to to airport / railway station for your onward journey with fond memories of your tour.
End of Tour
||Cuckmere Resort 4* Star
||Merry Weather 4* star
||Houseboat Lakes Lands Cruises
||Breakfast, lunch & dinner
||Radisson Blu 5* Star
Hotels as specified or alternatives of a similar standard.
Check in 14:00 hrs Check out at hotels: 12 Noon
Houseboat check-out will be 09:30 hrs.
Package Price per person on twin share basis
|Prices per person
||Every Saturday in April 2021
Dates: 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th
|4-6 persons using a Micro Van
||From Rs. 18,300 per person on twin share
|7-8 persons using a Micro Van
||From Rs. 15,700 per person on twin share
|9-10 persons using a Micro Van
||From Rs. 14,900 per person on twin share
- 6 nights accommodation at above mentioned hotel or similar for standard category rooms.
- Meal Plan - Bed & Breakfast basis at all places except 1 night on Houseboat where meal plan will be on Full Board basis. (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Transfers and sightseeing excursions as per itinerary by air-conditioned Micro Van as per the services mentioned in the itinerary.
- All taxes as on date. All future levies will be charged extra.
- Boat ride on Lake Periyar.
- Nature walk at Periyar National Park.
- Kalarippayattu show at a local theatre.
- Jeep ride through spice plantation & visit spice plantations.
- Elephant sanctuary and Elephant activities.
- Entrance fees & Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) entrance fees to all monuments.
- Air fare / train ticket.
- Guide fees, entrance charges and camera fees.
- Tips to local guides, drivers, during meals etc.
- Drinks during meals.
- Meals other than those included in the package.
- Deviation from the tour itinerary.
- Travel insurance.
- Any other meal / details not mentioned in the itinerary.
- The following monuments / sites are closed to visitors on:
- Cochin: Synagogue - Fridays, Saturdays and all Jewish holidays
- Cochin: Dutch Palace - Fridays
- Prices valid for Indian nationals only. Overseas guests / NRIs are requested to contact us.