Majestic Ladakh - 8 days
FREE CAMEL RIDE!
Validity: Till 31st March 2023
Day 1: Leh
Arrive early morning at Leh airport where you will be greeted by our company representative and transferred directly to your Leh based accommodation. After check-in; spend the day resting and adapting to the high altitude of Ladakh. Enjoy the surrounding mountain views and take in the local gardens before dinner. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day 2: Leh Sightseeing
Breakfast at the hotel. Take a city tour including Shey Palace built in 1655 as summer retreat for the reigning King. Visit Thiksey Monastery, commonly referred to as 'Little Lhasa' because of its architectural resemblance to the 'Potala Palace' in Lhasa, Tibet; Sindhu Darshan and finally end the day at Shanti Stupa before dusk. Shanti Stupa is the most iconic structure in Leh.
Return to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Leh - Pangong
After early breakfast, check out and drive to Pangong Tso via Chang La, the third highest motor able (17590 ft. above sea level) road in the world. Drive down to Pangong Tso. This lake of "3 Idiots" fame is world renowned for its changing colours throughout the day according to the sun's position and reflection. More than half of the lake marks the separation border of India and China. Stay overnight at lakeside camp. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Pangong - Leh
After an early breakfast, check out and drive to Leh. En route visit Hemis Monastery which is the largest monastery in Ladakh set in one of the most beautiful locations in Ladakh. It also consists of a museum which houses the largest collection of ancient Buddhist artifacts in India. Head to Leh and arrive at your hotel by late afternoon. Rest of the day at leisure. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 5: Leh - Nubra
After breakfast, check out and drive to Nubra via Khardung La, the HIGHEST MOTORABLE ROAD (18,380 ft. above sea level) IN THE WORLD. Popularly known as the 'valley of flowers' because of the variety of wildflowers and medicinal plants grown all over the local area, it is situated in the northern part of Ladakh (between the Karakoram and Ladakh Himalayan ranges).The journey to Nubra is a half-day drive of breathtaking landscapes and spectacular scenery and the experience is truly unforgettable. Drive down to Nubra Valley and continue to Diskit Gompa (monastery) where you can see the 100-foot tall Buddha statue and then visit the sand dunes of Hundar. Take an optional ride on the unique double-humped Bactrian camels.
Dinner and overnight at Camp.
Day 6: Nubra - Leh
Leave early morning after breakfast and arrive Leh early afternoon. Rest of the day at leisure. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 7: Sham Valley Tour
After breakfast head to Magnetic Hill. See your vehicle defy gravity here. On the way, also see Sangam, the confluence of Zanskar and Indus rivers. Early evening visit Leh market for last minute shopping of souvenirs, etc. Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Depart from Leh
Early morning transfer to the Leh airport.
Validity: Till 31st March 2023
Package Price: per person on double sharing basis.
||Nomadic Life Camp
FREE: Two hump camel ride at Nubra Valley at Hundar sand dunes
- Accommodation on double occupancy on the above hotels / Camp or similar.
- All sightseeing by Scorpio / Xylo on private basis as per respective itinerary (Vehicle not at disposal. Only available for the sightseeing mentioned in the itinerary – point to point).
- Meal plan on MAP basis - Breakfast & dinner.
- Airfare / train ticket.
- Meals other than those included in the package.
- Guide and entrance charges.
- Deviation from the tour itinerary.
- Travel insurance.
- Two hump camel ride at Nubra Valley at Hundar sand dunes.
- River rafting for approx. 2 hrs. [Phey – Nimoo (Indus) / Choksti – Nimoo (Zanskar)]
Things to Carry:
- Warm jacket for windy nights.
- Regular winter clothing.
- A lightweight and versatile backpack to carry water, snacks, rehydrants, etc.
- A cap or a hat to keep off the sun.
- A pair of sunglasses.
- A lightweight flashlight with extra batteries for emergencies.
- High SPF sunscreen lotion (consult your doctor before purchase).
- Personal toiletries.
- Carry regular medicines for headaches, travel sickness, vomiting, stomach upset, etc.
- Please ensure that you carry specific medication that you are currently consuming (if any).
- Consumption of water should be minimum 2 to 2.5 litres per day.
- Above rates are not valid for the festive season (Diwali, Christmas and New year). Please contact us for the same.
- Price valid for Indian nationals only. NRIs / Overseas guest are requested to contact us.
- Hotels / camps mentioned are subject to availability.
- Taxes as applicable.