Spiti Valley – 10 Days
Validity: Till 31st March 2024
Day 1: Chandigarh - Narkanda (180 kms/6 hrs)
Arrive Chandigarh, pick up and transfer to Narkanda. Narkanda is a hill station located between the valleys of River Sutlej and Giri. It is a well-known destination for adventure in Himachal. It is a place of natural beauty with breathtaking views of snow-clad mountains. It commands a unique view of the eternal snow line, the inviting apple orchards and dense forests.
Arrive Narkanda and check in to your hotel. Later, visit Hatu peak one of the highest peaks in the region, at 3400 m (11,152 ft), surrounded by dense forest of conifers, oaks and maples. At the top of the peak is a small wooden temple called Hatu temple. According to local belief, it is the temple of Maa Kaali. Return to your hotel in the evening.
Day 2: Narkanda – Sangla (170 kms/approx 6-7 hours)
After breakfast, check-out and depart for Sangla via Karcham. Your journey from here will take you to another spectacular destination, the Baspa valley in the middle Himalaya. It is the prettiest valley in Himachal. Arrive Sangla and check-in to your hotel. Enjoy a delicious dinner.
Day 3: Sangla - Chitkul - Sangla
After breakfast, explore the beautiful surroundings including the ancient Kamru Fort & Temple dedicated to the Goddess Kamakhya Devi which was brought from Assam. After lunch, leave for an excursion to Chitkul, the last village on the old Indo-Tibetan trade route. Walk through the green orchards by a brilliant stream. Return to your hotel in the evening for dinner.
Day 4: Sangla - Tabo/Dhankar (200 kms/7-8 hrs)
After breakfast, check out and transfer to Tabo via Nako Lake at about 3,662 metres/12,014 ft surrounded by willow and poplar trees. Arrive Tabo check in to your hotel.
Day 5: Tabo - Kaza
After breakfast, check out and visit the Tabo Monastery founded in 996 CE. Tabo is noted for being the oldest continuously operating Buddhist enclave in both India and the Himalayas. A large number of frescoes displayed on its walls depict tales from the Buddhist pantheon. Next, visit Pin Valley (Mud Village) and continue to Kaza via the ancient Dhankar Monastery perched on a cliff and built as a fort monastery on the Central Tibetan pattern. Arrive Kaza and check in to your hotel.
Day 6: Kaza - Sightseeing
Today visit a few villages - Langza, guarded by a huge statue of Lord Buddha, Hikkim, known for housing the world's highest post office and Komik, famous for its Lundup Tsemo Gompa Buddhist Monastery. All these villages are set in spectacular surroundings which you will enjoy. Return to Kaza.
Day 7: Kaza - Chandertal (240 kms/8-9 hrs)
After breakfast, check out and drive to Chandertal. Enroute, enjoy sightseeing of Key Monastery, the largest monastery of the Spiti Valley and a religious training centre for lamas and Kibber village, the highest motorable village in the world, at 14, 009 ft/4270 m. It is known for snow leopards, monasteries and as the last village on the traditional trade route between Ladakh & Tibet.
Arrive Chandertal and check in to the Camp. Later, trek to Chandratal Lake (approx 1-2 kms) also known as Moon Lake due to its crescent shaped basin.
Day 8: Chandertal - Manali
After breakfast, check out and transfer to Manali via Atal Tunnel & Solang Valley. Arrive Manali, check in to your hotel and relax.
Day 9: Manali - Local Sightseeing
Breakfast. Today, visit the Hadimba Temple, an ancient cave temple dedicated to Hidimbi Devi, wife of Bhima, a figure in the Indian epic Mahābhārata, the Club House, Van Vihar National Park, the Tibetan Monastery and Mall Road.
Day 10: Manali - Chandigarh
After breakfast, check out and transfer to Chandigarh Airport to catch your return flight.
Validity: Till 31st March 2024
Package Price: From Rs. 40,100 per person on twin share basis
Extra Bed: From Rs. 31,200
- 1 night in Hilltop/Hotel Piyush Residency or similar at Narkanda on MAP.
- 2 nights in Hotel Apple Orchard or similar at Sangla on MAP.
- 1 night in Hotel Maitreya or similar at Tabo on MAP.
- 2 nights in Hotel Snow Lion or similar at Kaza on MAP.
- 1 night in Deluxe Camp or similar at Chandertal on MAP.
- 2 nights in Hotel Snow Peak Retreat or similar at Manali on MAP.
- Innova vehicle Ex Chandigarh.
- Monument entry fees/camera fees.
- Meals, which are not mentioned above.
- Guide charges.
- Air/train fare.
- Heater charges.
- Any coolie charges.
- 5% GST.
- Above prices are dynamic and subject to change without any prior notice.
- Accommodation at the mentioned hotels or similar in base category.
- Confirmation is subjects to availability.
- AC will not work in hills.
- Heater Charges will be extra.
- Rooms are subject to availability.
- No refund will be made for any unused accommodation, missed meals, transportation segments, sightseeing tours or any other service due to bad weather, ill health, strike, roadblocks or any other factor beyond our control. Such unused items are neither refundable nor exchangeable.
- Check with us for higher room categories at extra cost.
- Kunzum Pass connecting Lahaul and Spiti opens in 1st week of June.
- If guest wishes to go to Rohtang Pass/Sach Pass, and vehicles are allowed to go there, the guest will have to bear the expenses on his/ her own.
- In case of vehicle not being allowed going to Rohtang Pass/Sach Pass due to any kind of new guidelines proposed by NGT-National Green Tribunal/Supreme Court, neither local tour operator nor TBi will be responsible.
- Any dispute relating to or arising out of all or any one of the above stated terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive Jurisdiction of Courts at Solan (Himachal Pradesh).
- Taxes as applicable.
- Terms and Conditions apply.