Best of Austria - 8 Days
Validity: Till 31st December 2023
Day 1: Vienna
Arrive at Vienna International Airport. Transfer to your hotel. Rest of the day at leisure.
Day 2: Vienna - City Tour
Breakfast. Enjoy a City Tour along the famous Ringstrasse, see the most important tourist attractions of Vienna and visit the Schönbrunn Palace with a tour guide.
Day 3: Vienna - Danube Valley Tour
Breakfast. Enjoy a bus trip in a modern coach from Vienna to the Wachau, a picturesque valley along the Danube. Visit the colossal Benedictine Melk Abbey. After lunch take a walking tour through Krems a famous wine region or enjoy the Dürnstein boat tour.
Day 4: Vienna – Salzburg & “The Sound of Music Tour”
Breakfast. Walk to Vienna West Station. Use your train ticket in 2nd class to Salzburg and transfer to your hotel. Lunch on your own. In the afternoon re-live the making-of the Sound of Music movie in and around Salzburg. This tour, which has been Salzburg’s most popular tour since 1967, is a combination of both historical Salzburg and the breathtaking Lakes and Mountains region. See many of the film locations from the ‘Sound of Music’ whilst your guide shares not only background stories of the movie but also the history and culture of the region.
Day 5: Salzburg - Day Tour to Hallstatt
Breakfast. This guided bus tour takes you from Salzburg in only 1.5 hours directly to the beautiful Hallstatt. On this sightseeing tour you enjoy the breathtaking landscape of the Salzkammergut region. Hallstatt’s salt mine dates back thousands of years.
Go on a short 30 to 45-minute guided walking tour of Hallstatt to see the most important sights. Alternatively, take the cable car to the observation deck, Skywalk World Heritage View, which offers stunning views of Hallstatt, the lake and its surrounding mountains.
Day 6: Salzburg - Innsbruck
Breakfast. Walk to Salzburg Central Station. Use your train ticket in 2nd class to Innsbruck. Arrive and walk to your hotel. Enjoy 48 hours in Innsbruck with an Innsbruck card, which is valid for museums and numerous other attractions such as lifts and cable cars, the Crystal Worlds, local sights, public transport and much more. The card saves you money and makes your holiday even more enjoyable.
Day 7: Innsbruck - Swarovski Crystal Worlds
Breakfast. Swarovski’s dazzling creations are known around the world. But the Swarovski Crystal Worlds in Wattens are even more extraordinary. Fascinating artistic exhibitions and sparkling water & light features accompanied by performances of the music of spheres await you and can be visited at various times every day on the Crystal Worlds shuttle bus.
Day 8: Innsbruck
Breakfast. Walk to Innsbruck Central Station. Use your train ticket in 2nd class to Munich or Vienna airport.
Validity: Till 31st December 2023
Tour Price Per Person
|Child with Bed
|Child without Bed
- 7 nights’ accommodation at the hotel of your choice.
- Daily breakfast.
- All transfers as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Train tickets in 2nd class: Vienna - Salzburg - Innsbruck - Munich airport/Vienna airport.
- Tour in seat-in-coach basis.
- Vienna City Tour & Schönbrunn Palace.
- Danube Valley Tour from Vienna.
- Sound of Music Tour.
- Hallstatt Day Tour from Salzburg.
- 48 hours Innsbruck card.
- Breakfast on arrival day.
- International airfare.
- Baggage porterage at airport/hotel.
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended).
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise mentioned in itinerary.
- Guaranteed late check-out.
- Any service not specifically listed under Includes.
- Bookings will be subject to availability of space / rooms at the time of booking. You will be provided alternatives if units suggested are not available and advised of any supplementary costs or reductions.
- Above prices are subject to change with or without prior notice.
- Please check before departure, guidelines/regulations with regards to Covid for both the country of entry and exit.
- Taxes as applicable.
- Terms and Conditions apply.