Blue Lagoon - Wellness at Iceland - 4 days
Validity: Till 30th September 2023
Day 1: Reykjavik - Blue Lagoon
Arrive at Keflavik Airport. The transfer coach for the transfer to the Blue Lagoon will be waiting outside the Arrivals Hall. The Blue Lagoon is a 20-minute drive from the airport. Enjoy the views of surreal lava terrain and the unique pollution-free Svartsengi power station enroute. Store your luggage safely for a small fee at the Blue Lagoon’s luggage facility, a small building near the entrance.
Relax at the Blue Lagoon with the Comfort Experience, which includes towel rental, a Silica mud mask and a choice of one drink from the Blue Lagoon’s bar. The warm geothermal mineral water will soothe your skin and help you relax.
Then head to Reykjavik on one of the scheduled transfer buses departing the Blue Lagoon.
Travel Tip: If your flight to Iceland doesn’t match with the departure times for the airport transfer to the Blue Lagoon, we suggest you visit the Blue Lagoon as part of your transfer back to the airport on your departure day. You would then use your one-way airport/hotel transfer on your arrival day.
Day 2: Golden Circle & the Sky Lagoon
Breakfast. Combine natural wonders and hot spring relaxation in the Golden Circle region of South Iceland. Enjoy a day trip to see the world-famous Geysir geothermal area and Gullfoss, the queen of Icelandic waterfalls, as well as Thingvellir National Park. Stop at the Geysir geothermal area, with spouting springs, including Strokkur, the most active geyser in Iceland. A wooden footpath takes you around the various geysers and bubbling pools of mud.
At Gullfoss stand next to the amazing waterfall, watching enormous quantities of water tumble violently into a deep, meandering gorge. Several paths lead to viewing areas.
Finally, stop at Thingvellir National Park. Thingvellir was the site of the Althing, the Viking-age parliament that eventually made Iceland the world’s oldest ongoing parliament. Thingvellir is also where the North American and European tectonic plates meet. Walk through a canyon where these continents are slowly moving away from eachother.
Next, head to the Sky Lagoon, an enchanting hot spring pool on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean. It combines traditional Icelandic architecture with modern spa facilities. Relax in the rejuvenating waters that overlook vast views of the ocean and mountains. Your pass also includes The Ritual, a seven-step experience that combines water, steam, mist and a special body scrub for a relaxed and rejuvenated body.
Day 3: South Coast Adventure & Glacier Hike
Breakfast. You will be picked up for today’s tour at the hotel or nearest tour bus stop. Drive through the beautiful landscapes of Iceland’s south coast, enjoying the view of peaceful farms. On a clear day, you can view two famous volcanoes: Hekla (last eruption: 2000) and Eyjafjallajokull (last eruption: 2010). You might even glimpse the Westman Islands far off on the sea.
Stop at Skogafoss waterfall, one of Iceland’s most iconic cascades. Legendary Viking treasure is said to be buried here!
Travel east to Solheimajokull, a glacier extending out from the larger Myrdralsjokull. Put on crampons, grab an ice axe, and join a one hour glacier walk with your glacier guide. From the surface of the glacier, view spellbinding icy landscapes of jagged peaks, cool blue ice and wide- open sky. A real treat for photographers! Learn about the formation of glaciers and why they are so important to our planet.
Visit beautiful Seljalandsfoss. This ribbon-like waterfall offers the rare opportunity to walk behind the curtain of water (subject to trail conditions at the time of the trip).
Day 4: Reykjavik
Breakfast. If your flight is in the afternoon, enjoy the spa located right in your hotel or walk along the harbor seafront in the morning. Use your package’s included one way transfer to travel to the airport.
Please note: We recommend that you depart no later than three hours before your flight.
End of Tour.
Validity: Till 30th September 2023
Tour Price Per Person
|Category of Hotel
|Child with Bed
Tour Price Includes:
- 3 nights in a standard room with facilities at a hotel in Reykjavik
- Icelandic breakfast (except arrival day)
- Non-guided arrival or departure transfer via the Blue Lagoon
- Comfort Experience at the Blue Lagoon (includes entrance, towel rental, Silica mud mask and choice of one drink)
- Guided Golden Circle Tour (day 2)
- Non-guided transfers to/from the Sky Lagoon (day 2)
- Sky Lagoon Pure Pass (entrance, towel rental, Seven-Step Ritual) (day 2)
- Guided tour of South Coast and Glacier Hike (day 3)
- Use of equipment for glacier hike (safety harness, crampons, helmet, ice axe) (day 3)
- One way airport transfer to or from airport with hotel pick-up/drop-off
Tour Price Excludes:
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Baggage porterage at airport/hotel
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Swimsuit at the Blue Lagoon and the Sky Lagoon (rentals available)
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise mentioned in itinerary
- Guaranteed late check-out.
- Any services not specified in the Tour Price Includes.
- Bookings will be subject to availability of space / rooms at the time of booking. You will be provided alternatives if units suggested are not available and advised of any supplementary costs or reductions.
- Prices quoted above are subject to change with or without prior notice.
- Please check before departure, guidelines/regulations with regards to Covid for both the country of entry and exit.
- Taxes as applicable.
- Terms and Conditions apply.