Discover Portugal - 7 days
Validity: Till 31st October, 2019
Day 1: Lisbon
Arrival at Lisbon airport and transfer to the hotel. Check-in. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight.
Day 2: Lisbon
Breakfast. Departure to Belem district to see the monuments that pay tribute to the Portuguese golden era of the Discoveries: Belem Tower, Monument to the Discoveries, Monastery of Jerónimos (visit to the church). Visit to the National Coaches Museum, containing one of the most important and richest collections of coaches in the world. We will then immerse into the old Lisbon, Al-fama, characterized by its white houses, labyrinthine streets, inner courtyards and dead ends. Return to the hotel. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight.
Day 3: Lisbon – Sintra – Cascais – Estoril - Lisbon
Breakfast. Departure from the hotel towards Sintra, a magnificent UNESCO World Heritage site. Discover the charms and history of the town that enchanted kings and poets. Visit to the romantic National Pena Palace. If weather permits, we will then stop at the westernmost point of mainland Europe, Cabo da Roca. On the way to Cascais along the coast, be dazzled by the seascape. In Estoril, place where Ian Fleming got the idea for the James Bond character, we highlight the gardens of one of the largest Casinos in Europe. Return to the hotel. Overnight.
Day 4: Lisbon - Porto
Breakfast. Check-out and transfer to the station to take your train to Porto. On arrival transfer and check in. Rest of the evening is at leisure. Overnight.
Day 5: Porto
Breakfast. The city of Porto is rich in well-preserved treasures, as the Cathedral, the Tower of Clérigos and the area of Ribeira (UNESCO world heritage site). Despite a stark preservation of ancient monuments, Porto also stands out for having ultra-modern buildings, much admired by international architects: Casa da Música, Serralves Foundation, among many others. Visit to a Wine Cellar of Port with a superb view over the old Ribeira (wine tasting). Afternoon at leisure. Overnight.
Day 6: Porto – Douro - Porto
Breakfast. We set to the phenomenal Douro region, the first demarcated wine region of the World (1756) and where the famous Port Wine is produced. Return to the hotel. Overnight.
Day 7: Porto
Breakfast. Transfer to Porto airport for your flight back home.
Validity: Till 31st October, 2019
Tour Price Per Person
- 6 nights accommodation on bed & breakfast basis.
- Private transfer in Lisbon from the airport to the hotel.
- Private transfer in Porto from the hotel to the airport.
- SIC half day tour in Lisbon with official guide and entrance fees to the National Coaches Museum.
- SIC full day tour to Sintra | Cascais | Estoril with official guide and entrance fees to the National Pena Palace.
- SIC half day tour in Porto with official guide and visit to a Port wine cellar with wine tasting.
- SIC full day tour to Douro with official guide, panoramic cruise, guided visit to a wine estate and lunch.
- 2nd class train ticket from Lisbon to Porto.
- Meals and beverages, except when mentioned in the program.
- Entrances at museums / monuments, except when mentioned in the program.
- Guide, except when mentioned in the program.
- Porterage service.
- Personal expenses.
- Other services not mentioned in the program.
- Booking will be subject to availability of space/rooms at the time of booking. Alternatives will be provided if units suggested are not available. You will be advised of any supplementary costs or reductions.
- Prices are subject to change with or without prior notice.
- Taxes as applicable.