Laos Classic Tour - 4 Days
Validity: Till 30th September 2023
Day 1: Vientiane – City Tour
Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. An orientation walk of Lao Capital is a pleasant way to spend the day, strolling around some of the city's most historical sites and seeing some of the French colonial architecture. We will observe sunset by the Mekong riverside and experience the lifestyle of the local people. Overnight.
Day 2: Vientiane - Luang Prabang – City Tour
Breakfast. We will visit the central market known as the 'Morning Market' which is a great place for browsing antiques, handmade textiles and gifts. From there, we will visit the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former Royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. On the way to the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, we will stop to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane's own Arc de Triumph.
We shall board our short flight to the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage City Luang Prabang On arrival, transfer to hotel and check in. Rest of the evening is at leisure. Overnight.
Day 3: Luang Prabang – Sightseeing Tour & Tham Pak Ou
Breakfast. An optional early start gives you the fantastic opportunity to participate in the daily morning rituals of saffron-clad monks collecting offerings of alms (ubiquitous sticky rice) from the faithful residents. This tradition is very unique in Laos, being the only Buddhist nation still preserving the procession.
We enjoy a short-guided tour to see the city's oldest temple of Wat Sene and the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrines of Wat Aham. Continue to the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture.
We board a cruise boat on the Mekong River, which gives us a panoramic view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. Stop at the village of Ban Xanghai, where they make the local rice wine. We shall return back to our hotel.
After a short rest, we will climb up to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable view of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as viewing a beautiful and panoramic sunset over the ancient and once royal city and the Mekong River. We then will stroll around the Night Market, where you can find a lovely selection of textiles made by the local and the hill tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang. Overnight.
Day 4: Luang Prabang – Kuang Si Waterfall
Breakfast. An optional early start gives you the fantastic opportunity to participate in the daily morning rituals of saffron-clad monks collecting offerings of Alms (ubiquitous sticky rice) from the faithful residents. This tradition is very unique in Laos, being the only Buddhist nation still preserving the procession.
From there you will visit the morning Phosi Market, where you will see such diverse offerings as dried buffalo skin, local tea and saltpeter among the chickens, vegetables and hill-tribe weavings. Laos is also known for its traditional crafts, and today you will visit local villages of Lao ethnic minority groups at Ban Ouay, Hmong Village, Ban Ou, Laoloum Village and Ban Thapene, Khmu Village, then drive to the beautiful Khouangsi Waterfall where you can cool off with a refreshing swim in the turquoise pools or walk along the forest trails. We return to the city by late afternoon to observe the sunset at Wat Phabath. Overnight.
Day 5: Luang Prabang
Breakfast, transfer to airport for your next flight home with fond memories.
Validity: Till 30th September 2023
|Vientiane – 1 night and 3 nights
|Standard 3 Star
|Superior 4 Star
|Deluxe 5 Star
- Private transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- 4 nights' accommodation at the hotel of your choice.
- Daily breakfast.
- English speaking guide.
- Admission fee to indicated sights.
- Boat trip as stated above sight.
- Government tax and service charge.
- Luggage handling.
- 2 bottles of drinking water per day during the tour.
- 2 cold towels per day during the tour.
- Travel insurance (compulsory).
- Domestic airfare and airport tax in Laos.
- International airfare and airport tax to & from Laos.
- No early check in or late check out (except as indicated).
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program.
- Visa stamping fee to Laos, if any.
- Optional excursions and entrance fees and permits during free time.
- Additional transportation required due to any emergency situation.
- Tipping / gratuities.
- Personal expenses such as telephone and laundry bills, shopping.
- Excess luggage charges.
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Above rates are not valid for the festive season (Christmas and New year). Please contact us for the same.
- Prices are subject to change with or without prior notice.
- All rates are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Above itinerary is based on the current flight schedule. In case of flight changes, the itinerary will be changed accordingly.
- Compulsory dinners on Dec 24th (Christmas), Dec 31st (New Year) or Laos New Year will be advised at time of booking.
- Taxes as applicable.